Friday, December 30, 2011

LOOKING FORWARD TO 2012!

I look back to what the past year has brought me. I think it is safe to say that I am glad it is over and ready to start the new year filled with lots of hope for what comes next.

Don't get me wrong. I had many wonderful moments in 2011. I am getting married next year so...starting the snowball effect that is, "Wedding Planning" has been fun, especially since I've got Kevin by my side.  I look forward to the many arguments and laughs, but mostly arguments we will have this coming year, I am a little fussy, but I hope not "Bridezilla" fussy. We will see, I guess.

Work has been nothing but great. I look forward to so much more ZUMBA and taking courses to further advance my career in fitness. I have had wonderful moments teaching ZUMBA classes. I can honestly say that I have seen people's faces light up, and I dont think it's all me, I think it is because they are finding a stress release that they had not tapped into before. I on the other hand, I dance even when I'm sleeping, so I know just how they feel.

And then there's my guys...I work with youth and adults with special needs. I honestly enjoy that part of my job. It is great to be a part of them...when we're playing sports together, dancing or when I am trying to get my gang to memorize their lines for this year's play... our take on Young Frankenstein.

These are the wonderful moments...I don't dwell on the rough, tough, hard and horrible moments of 2011 or any earlier year for that matter. They are what they are and have made me stronger. I didn't necessarily now it at the time and I still may not get it, but stuff happens and thank God it's over.

So, looking forward to 2012. I hope to accomplish my goals (those I will keep secret until I get to them one by one). The year of my wedding, hopefully more successes in my work and of course a year filled with dancing.....what more could I ask for???  A new car, to win the lottery..... But for now...enjoy this blog with me and dance with me.  

1 comment:

  1. Very encouraging words for the readers too. "Off with the old, on with the new". My prayer is for 2012 to be a wonderful year for us all. I have heard from many that this past year has been rough. Let us all move forward and learn from the past - it is the past that makes our future.

    Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. Dreams are the touchstones of our character.

    God bless you with a wonderful new year with new dreams, new hopes, a new life with Kevin. God bless you for being the wonderful person that you are!

    Thank you for being a wonderful Zumba instructor. For encouraging us.

    ReplyDelete